Sunday, July 11, 2010

My Super Readers & Build a Bear!

At the beginning of the school year the kids and I made a goal. If they would excel at the reading program at school and earn 4 Samurai's each, I would take them to Build a Bear at the end of the year. Not only did they achieve their goal, they exceeded it. Jaydee took quizzes on 336 of the hundreds of books she read and earned "Top Reader" in her grade! Ryan read more chapter books this year than he ever has. I was so proud of them and we had a great time building their bears. We road TRAX to downtown Salt Lake. It was Gage and Nate's first time on the train!Nate was just a little curious about everything!

We went to the Build a Bear at the Gateway. Now we can say we have been to all of the stores in Utah!
We ended up stuffing 9 animals! Out of control yes, Totally worth it, definitely! Rubbing the hearts on Miki for Love!
Rubbing the hearts on Dad for strength!
Giving the animals a bath!

Dad and Ryan dressing the military bear!
Miki and Gage dressing the Fireman Dog!
Jaydee dressing her Bunny! I had meant to get a picture of the finished products but with Nate around, chaos always ensues and we were just lucky to get out of the store before they kicked him out! J/K :D!

No comments: