Monday, July 12, 2010

Denver Zoo!

The only zoo I have ever been to is the Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake. A friend that lives in Cheyenne had mentioned the Denver Zoo and it put the idea in my head. On Tuesday I loaded up the kids and while Scott was in class we headed to Denver. Thank goodness for map quest and really good kids! We had a great time and saw all kinds of animals we had never seen before! It was Nate's first time ever at a zoo and he was so funny to watch. He would just stare at the animals forever trying to figure it all out! We had a great day! The baby giraffe! It looked so tiny compared to the adults!
The sea lions were so fun to watch swimming all over!
I don't know the name of this animal, but he was so cool!
Jaydee impersonating the Elephants!
My favorite animal has always been the Hippo. I was so sad when they removed the Hippo from the Hogle Zoo. It was fun to see this big ol' boy!

Nate was totally fascinated by the Flamingos!


The gorillas were so fun to watch! They would just be lazy one minute and then going crazy the next.
Give me a kiss!
This big Silver Back was the craziest one of them all. He would hit the glass, throw a barrel all around and chase the others. The kids loved watching him!
I think he knew they were getting his food ready and he was ready to eat!
Just hanging out waiting for his meal!Just as we were getting ready to leave, this huge lion began to roar. It echoed all through the zoo. It was a fun way to end the day! I hope we have another chance to go back. It was such a cool zoo and we had a blast!

No comments: