Every Labor day the Neilson family heads to Fish Lake in Southern Utah. Unless Scott is scheduled to have the holiday off we don't get to go which has been the case for many years. We were able to go last fall and remembered why we love it so much. So this year we decided to make our own trek down there! We headed down in June and LOVED it! Nice weather, great fishing and great company! We suckered my family into coming, Scott's parents, and Miki! Besides the fuel pump going out on the truck and having the keys locked in the Tahoe all within the space of an hour it was the BEST trip we have had down there! I feel another tradition coming on!
Those who came along: Ryan 
Jaydee & Nate
Gage
Scott
Grandpa & Grandma Harris
Grandpa & Grandma Neilson
Jaydee & Nate
The Kump Family! (Pics of Kelly & Xander to follow!)
& Miki

Scott & the on lookers trying to unlock the Tahoe. One hiccup in the trip. I can laugh about it now, but I was not so happy at the time. I was suppose to go back and get Scott, Jared, and Dad Harris after dropping of Kelly, Mom and the kids back at camp. The tow truck came for the truck, that had broken down in the middle of No Where, Utah, and needless to say I wasn't back. Thank goodness Dad & Mom Neilson stayed and put the boys in their truck. It was a tight ride but they made it back. I was in tears, Scott was laughing and I think Dad Neilson was just shaking his head. Thanks to the inspiration of Mom Neilson and a hot dog roaster we were able to get it unlocked!
The next day all was forgotten though as the fish were being reeled in by Jaydee and her "magic pole"! Last year Gage had the "magic pole" when he was able to catch 20 fish in one day. This year we bought Jaydee her pole right before we went and it did the trick. She reeled in 4 different fish all around 2 lbs each. Her dad was a very proud daddy that day!
Tanner was very proud of this perch that was caught. Jared kept it to use as bait later! (Poor Tanner is allergic to mosquito bites. It looks like he went a couple of rounds in the ring!)
No comments:
Post a Comment