So Gage has disowned us, literally! He's decided that it is much more fun to live up at Grandma & Grandpa's house...but who wouldn't! I've told them I'm going to sign the papers and then charge them for daycare! This is how our day goes. I unlock the door at 6:30, Grandma & Grandpa load up Gage at their house and drop him off at our house just before they head to work. I have Gage during the day and then he ends up at their house in the evening. He loves the one on one attention and I figure what does it hurt. That was until I've been noticing a change in my sweet little boy....he has been a royal stinker lately (more than usual, anyway). He's decided that he wants Grandma to be his mom because she's more fun and he wants Grandpa to be his dad because he doesn't spank him (and yes, our kids do get an occasional spank!). His biggest problem is not listening to what he is suppose to be doing. So this last week I put him on Grandparent restrictions. If he didn't listen and do what he was told during the day, he had to stay home. After a few days/nights of this he was actually catching on that if he didn't listen he wasn't going anywhere. So yesterday we were headed to the store and I had forgot to do something I said I would, here is the conversation we had in the car:Me: Sorry Ryan, I forgot. I was going crazy today with 2 babies and it just slipped my mind.
Gage: Mom, you need to listen better!
Me: What! Who do I need to listen better to?
Gage: You! If you listened better then you wouldn't forget....
Oh how the mind of a 4 year old works! Do you think he is getting the listening thing down!
2 comments:
haha! that is too funny! it must be the age because Gavin has been having a really hard time listening too.. I tell him to do something and he will flat out tell me "no" Hopefully we can put that to an end real soon. Good luck!
kids are so stinkin funny sometimes:) aren't we so lucky to have such great parents close by to help us deal with the little rascals!!
Post a Comment