So it has been a record at our house this week! Nate has slept through the night for 4 nights now and I just see it getting better! Now for those of you who are wondering why I am so excited about this should know that I can count on one hand the number of times he has slept through the night in his 9 months here with us. Alot of his time was spent as you see below....in a very restless state. Whenever we would lay him down he would just pop wide awake and cry. I have spent many a night in our recliner just holding him. It has been over a year since I have had 4 good nights of sleep. My body & mind just don't know what to do! I have energy! I want to get things done! I actually might work out....well maybe! What has made the difference you ask?!!!
TUBES!
Yes that is right on Friday, the 24th Nate had tubes put in his ears. We have been battling ear infections and such since he was 6 weeks old. We have tried everything. He has literally been on an antibiotic since January. Finally with this last infection his pediatrician suggested we visit the ENT. I took Nate in Thursday, the 23rd. After reviewing Nate's history, the Dr. said Nate definitely was a good candidate for tubes and he had an opening for in the morning if I was interested. I told him I would clear my calendar! I called all my daycare parents, my dad took off a 1/2 day from work and we were set. Nate & I arrived at the hospital at 7:30 Friday morning. They had me put him in these cute little pajamas and then at 8:20 the nurse came and got him. Twenty minutes later the Dr. came out and told me the procedure went great. Nate has extremely small Eustachian tubes and quite a bit of yucky fluid came out from behind the right ear. I think even the ENT was surprised by how much was there. (I'm not a Dr. but I'm thinking that was a great source of Nate's not sleeping.) After that they came and got me and took me to the recovery room. Nate was crying but quit as soon as I gave him his bottle. He is definitely one tough little cookie!
Like I said earlier. Life at our house has been good. I was going to take a picture of the new little sleeper in his crib, where yes he has been sleeping, but I didn't want to wake him up!!! So here he is just getting ready for his nap, yes a real live, honest to goodness nap in his crib! Can it get any better! We'll see.......
No comments:
Post a Comment