Monday, May 4, 2009

A Compromise!

So the trailer has just been sitting in our yard all winter just tempting us to go camping. If you can truly call it camping! Scott's 4 day weekend was coming up and we decided to just go for it! He got the trailer all ready, we had a place all picked out, the kids were super excited and then Nate called on Thursday to let us know that Sequoya was going to be baptized on Saturday. Scott and I were torn about what to do, the kids were so excited to go camping but we really wanted to support Sequoya in her decision to get baptized. Scott came up with a compromise! We took the trailer to Utah and camped in Grandma & Grandpa Neilson's backyard. They have a beautiful yard that drops down into this gully. It was just like we were camping up in the mountains. We had deer, a skunk, a pheasant, and ducks. It couldn't get any better! Sequoya Raine Pemberton was baptized on May 2, 2009. What made this day even more special was she was able to be baptized on her mom's birthday. Jenni passed away last year but I know that she was able to be there with us and was so happy that Sequoya made the decision to become a member of the church. I have a great testimony of forever families and am grateful for the knowledge we have of our Heavenly Father's plan. I miss Jenni every day but love the gifts she left behind, her children. I'm so grateful for their sweet spirits and the friendship my children share with them. Sequoya, I'm so proud of you and the righteous choices you are making! We love you!!!

Sequoya was baptized by her father, Nate and confirmed by her uncle, Grant!
After the baptism we went back to their house for dessert. Scott gave baby Nate a chocolate chip cookie. He fell asleep eating it. Even when he had his eyes closed he was still working on eating it until he finally just gave in!
When we got back to Grandma & Grandpa's house we broke out the bikes. Jaydee has been riding her bike forever with a broken training wheel. For some reason though she was just deathly afraid of taking them off even though she wasn't even really using them. Scott finally convinced her that it was time for them to come off.
Sure enough, she got right on and took off with no problems. It is so fun to watch the kids grow and take the next steps as they learn new things. I think that is one of the things I enjoy the most about being a mom - watching my kids learn.
That evening the rain had cleared and we had to do the traditional hot dog roast and make smores! Nate loved the marshmallows but needed to eat something with a little less sugar. Here he settled for a hot dog bun. Probably not any more healthy than the marshmallow, but atleast I felt like I wasn't a total slacker mom letting him he pure sugar!
We invited Kelly, Jared, McKady, Tanner and Xander to join us. McKady and Tanner had a great time roasting hot dogs and marshmallows. Tanner would hold his marshmallow way up high over the fire. He liked to take his time "slow" roasting his mallows!
Of course we suckered Haley into coming over. She can never say no to her niece and nephews. Gage was perplexed because he wanted Haley to sleep in the trailer with us. I love that they just assume that Haley is doing whatever we are doing. She is the best and I love the relationship my kids have with her!
This was Xander's first camp fire! What a cutie!
Uncle Jared got suckered into being on teeter-totter duty and swing duty for awhile. Jaydee was having a great time on the teeter-totter. It is an old one that Scott got for Christmas when he was little. Some things just last forever!
Gage and Nate were having a great time checking out all of the windows in the trailer. We have to pull up the blinds. Nate loves to grab them and bend them. Hopefully the trailer will survive the summer of this infamous team. I definitely think they had a bond in heaven that has come down with them. They are two of a kind!

This weekend was jammed packed with a lot of fun things. I was a slacker on Sunday and didn't get any pictures but there was plenty of things going on. After church, Scott fixed dinner in the Dutch Ovens. So yummy! He is quite the chef with those things! We had all of my siblings there along with Scott's parents, Jay and Miki (Scott's siblings) and just as we were finishing up Cade showed up with his girlfriend Dani. But she is no longer his girlfriend but his fiancee'! Yes that's right
CADE IS GETTING MARRIED!
Yay, we are so excited for Cade and Dani! The big day will be in September. More details and pictures to follow! (Sorry about no pics of the happy couple but it was right in the middle of a rainstorm and I was too much of a wimp to run to the trailer and get my camera!)
So there you have it, our crazy camping trip instigated no less by my crazy husband, Scott, that I love so dearly. I love that our kids mean so much to him that he is willing to go the extra mile to make memories with them that will last forever!












1 comment:

Bruce Almighty said...

Good lookin' family you got there Tiff. And nice blog. We've been slacking on our blog ever since we started facebook. Its cool to see what everyone is doing.