Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Proud Moment!

The Proud Cardholders!The Great Reader!

So as most of you know or maybe you don't but I am a very avid reader (or was until I had kids!) and am very grateful that my kids seem to be favoring this trait as well! Urie Elementary teamed up with the library and in kindergarten the kids can get there very own library card! At school last week it was that time! Jaydee came home so excited and made me fill out the paper work that very moment! She got her card and even had her picture in the paper! What a day that was at our house. Well, because there are times I can be the lame mom, I didn't get Ryan's paperwork in for him when he was in kindergarten and have been hearing about it ever since Jaydee got her card. So tonight we did it. We walked down to the library and much to their delight got Ryan and Gage both their very own library cards! They each checked out 3 books and came right home to read them! Also today Ryan got his Samurai! Most of you are probably scratching your heads and wondering when we put him in Marshal Arts! We didn't, but it sounds really cool! The librarian at the school is the coolest lady ever. She has the best programs to motivate the kids to read. In order to earn their Samurai the kids must read X amount of books depending on their age level and then take a test on the book. When they reach their goal the receive their Samurai headband, a book, and a treat! Ryan has been working extra hard to earn his early and he today he did it! I'm very proud of him and all of his hard work!

1 comment:

Rob and Marci Peacock said...

That is so great. I just got our kids all library cards over the summer and they were so proud. The love going on outings with Rob to the library. Here's a fun tip, get some of those kids books on tape/CD for long trips. My kids have listened to the Toy Story 2 CD a million times in the car and the love it! Tell Ry great job on the samurai!