Monday, October 6, 2008

Quirks!

O.K. so I was tagged by Joni to list 6 quirks about myself. Let's just say I use to have a bunch more before I had kids but they have cured me of most of them. The old Tiff use to have all of her CD's alphabetized, her clothes color coordinated, and her house was usually always spotless. The new Tiffany has no idea where her CD's are, is lucky to get her clothes hung up much less coordinated, and has little shadows that follow her around quickly undoing any cleaning she has done during the day! But I do still have some quirks that just have stayed with me:
1 - I am deathly afraid of the dark. I always have a night light on when Scott is out of town and I absolutely hate sleeping alone. I shared a room with my sister until I was 18 and then had to venture out and have my own room when I moved out. It was awful. My mom says I have a very over active imagination and it goes into overdrive during the dark hours of the night!
2-I have not nor will I ever watch a horror movie. I don't even like watching the previews for them and frequently make Scott change the channel when a commercial comes on. This goes along with that over active imagination I have and the whole dark thing. Any stories about ghosts or other things that go boo in the night scare me to death. Great for when my kids are scared and I'm suppose to be the responsible adult!
3-I hate asking people I don't really know for things especially if it means calling them on the phone. I use to make my mom call everyone for me and then transferred that calling to Scott. When we were first married he thought he would "help" me get other it and would try to get me to call someone. He quickly learned it was just easier to call the person himself! I have no idea where this comes from but I've been this way for as long as I can remember!
4-I don't particularly like being touched. A favorite tradition with my sisters and my mom is to scratch each others backs. Even my little Ryan loves to have his back scratched and I can't think of anything worse. I don't like foot rubs, long lasting hugs and especially people touching my belly when I'm pregnant. I haven't quite figured out why people think that a pregnant belly is public property. Ugh!
5-I'm a perfectionist to a fault when it comes to my projects especially if I'm working on the computer or doing a birthday party. I will spend hours on a stupid project just trying to get it perfect and will reprint something over and over until it is just right or get anything that I need to have the perfect party. I know that I drive Scott crazy especially when were running late to church and I'm still trying to perfect my handout for my nursery class or making him run a pirate flag up the flag pole for a pirate party! Like the kids care...
6-And finally I love to take pictures. Thank goodness for the digital camera! I will take easily over a 100 pictures at any given event. I love to just snap away and try to capture the moment with the perfect picture. I drive Scott crazy by keeping our kids in the same pose for way too long. Gage just automatically knows to turn a grin and now has a "cheesy camera smile"! I think when we went to Disneyland I took over 300 pictures! Let's just say we'll never forget every detail of the trip!!!

So there you have it! I drive Scott crazy most of the time but he still puts up with me especially since I remind him that he's lucky to have me and that I put up with him and all of his quirks as well!!!! I tag Marci and Julie N.!

No comments: