Many of you know the project the kids and I have been working on this year and if you don't you can check out the link on my blog list to get to the blog with all of the details. ("Neilson Kids - Pop the Tab") We had a goal to collect 5000 tabs and we were able to collect 6463! We had a great support network from friends here in Wyoming to friends in Arizona, New Jersey, & Florida. I started this project with my kids because I wanted to let them know that even though they are young and Ryan may be extra little that if they set their mind to something they can make a difference and achieve their goals! It is very important to me to have my children realize that they are important, to me, to Scott, to their extended families, and to others that they don't even know. I want them to be aware of others that aren't as lucky as we are to be healthy, happy and have what we need. I love the sweet, innocent spirits my children have and while they are so impressionable I want to make a deep impression on them that it is very important that we take time out of our busy lives to help others that are in need. We have decided each school year we are going to work on a project. The kids are already very excited to see what our next project will be. They really want to help someone at Christmas and are busily planning on how they can earn money. They've gone through their toys and clothes and want to have a yard sale. They made crafts up a Grandma's house and think they will have a craft sale! (Where they get thay from, I'll never know!!!) I love how creative they are being and venturing out with their own ideas. It is so refreshing to me as a mom to see that! I love my children so much and count it a blessing to have them in my life. I love being a mom!!!
Jaydee and Gage helped Ryan with this project. We turned them in to the school on Friday. Jaydee was all for getting up early (her last day of school was Thursday) but when it came right down to it she was just too tired. Most of you know Jaydee is just not a morning person, like her father, and I think her subconscious was not going for one more early morning! So it was up to Ryan and I to take them to the school!
When we walked in to the classroom, Ryan went from being the "little" guy to the "super hero"! His classmates were so excited. We were able to put our tabs with those that the other classes had collected over the year.
I just want to say thanks again for those who took the time to help my kids achieve their goal and especially for those who made it extra fun for us! You'll never know just how much it meant.....!
Summer shenanigans
9 years ago
1 comment:
That's really awesome Tiff! Great job. What a cool thing to do with your children. I admire you. a lot. julie
Post a Comment