When we bought our house it was March and snow still covered the ground. For some reason I just had it in my head that because we were buying a house in town that the yard would be in and life would be great...where I got that demented idea from I have no idea! It has always been a dream of mine to live somewhere with a cool yard and lots of green grass, so I've decided that this summer I'm going to make that dream a reality, I hope!!! I figure that if I blog it then I'll put it out there for everyone to see and put the pressure on myself to make it a reality. Last year I was so pregnant not a lot happened. We did get a picket fence up on one side of our "babbling brook" (the term the realtor used when listing the house!). We have a few climbing structures for the kids, and the cool bridge that Scott built. But as far as the ground, it is horrible. I don't think grass has ever been planted and the ground is all uneven. It is my goal to till up everything, level it all out, hopefully get some sod and have a great play area for the kiddos!
This is our backyard. The ground is very green but has a bunch of pothole and stickers. We also need to get rid of the massive satellite dish that looks like we are trying to communicate with the aliens. I'm hoping to convince Scott & Kevin to make that their project!
This is the view just east of our deck. I plan on using the rocks for my patio and tilling this whole section up and replacing the weeds with grass!
My grand plans for the patio are in the works! I've tilled this area, leveled it out and got down the weed blocker. I'm bringing in sand and then will lay the rocks. We have a ton of these rocks all over the yard. I figure I might as well put them to good use. Plus my budget is almost nonexistent due to the Tahoe repair! So I'm being creative and putting to good use what I can get for free or at a very minimal cost! We have a self standing fire pit I plan on using here and also Scott will use his dutch ovens over here. Could I coerce anyone to come help if I promised them a dutch oven dinner courtesy of Scott!!!!!!!
This is where Nate hangs out while I work outside. He loves hanging out in his "tent", playing with his toys and yelling at the kids. I'm grateful for an easy going baby that lets me get my projects done!
While I was out working yesterday the kids wanted to play in the water. I figured what could it hurt?! Then I saw what they looked like after they came out from getting "ready". Wow, can we just say they are definitely making some fashion statements!
The water would fill up the kids boots and every so often they would have to come out and empty out their boots!
Jaydee was like a little fish. She kept going down under the bridge. How they can play in such cold water for so long is beyond me!
4 comments:
Good luck....it will look amazing when you are done! We are trying to do the same thing to our yard...make it look descent with grass that you can actually walk on without shoes! Where did you get your tent thing for your pack and play....we need one!
Wow, I do not envy you...especially because we just did that last year! But if anyone can do it, I know you can! We need to come up this spring before the baby is born maybe? I can't wait to see your work in progress!!
Great minds think alike I guess!! We decided to put some effort into our backyard as well this year. We probably won't get as much done as you will:) We are currently building a deck and hope to get a fence in before the fall. Shane is just so stinking busy that I will take what I can get! I told him that at the rate we are going the kids will be too old to even enjoy the yard if we don't do SOMETHING soon! By the way we have TONS of rocks...help yourself!!:)
awesome!!! your yard looks like tons of fun. i love to see the pictures, and my kids would have a blast up there hanging out. someday soon :) good luck with it all! julie
Post a Comment