Each year we take a trip with my parents and go to Jackson Hole to see the Bar J Wranglers! It is a great way for us to kick off our summer festivities. This year was especially fun as the kids are getting older and LOVE the Bar J Wranglers! Ryan's IPod is full of their music and Gage has most of their songs memorized. It is pretty funny to be traveling in the Tahoe listening to him sing along with their CD. We also introduced the Sills to this tradition and finally we switched it up a little and instead of staying in a hotel we took our trailer!
Ryan, Gavin, Mackenzie, Gage and Jaydee in front of the Chuckwagon. The Bar J's can feed up to 700 people a night in less than 25 minutes. After a yummy dinner they entertain you with good old cowboy songs and a little comedy thrown in on the side!
While waiting for the show to start I had fun taking pics of the kids around the ranch. My dad's greatest day was the day Ryan came to Scott wanting his pants tucked into his boots. Something I use to always give my dad a hard time about! Here's Ryan boots and all!
Jaydee, my only little cowgirl in the bunch. She is just getting way too grown up. She is becoming quite the little model and is always liking to strike a pose!
I love this picture of Gage. It is finally his turn to wear the chaps and he was so excited! My dad bought them when the other kids were little and we have had fun passing them down. Gage is definitely my true "little cowboy"!
Here is Nate in his first pair of wranglers. Every true cowboy needs a picture of his cute little cowboy butt with the wrangler tag!
Nate is becoming quite a daddy's boy. He lights up whenever he sees Scott and wants to be held by him.
I absolutely love this picture. Joni and I were off taking pictures (shocking, I know) and walked by to see this. I love that all you see of Scott and Dallas are their hats looking at the babies-so precious!
At the ranch they have added a new addition. You can walk along a path and check out different scenes representing what happened there in the West. Here are the kids taking a leisurely stroll!
This represented the Grizzlies around the area. I loved the waterfall with the moose in the back. We actually saw a real Mama Moose with her baby as we pulled in the gate at the Bar J. It was so cool!
The Shoshone Indians were depicted here. Gage was intrigued by the Tepee.
This tells the story of Jedediah Smith. He was a trapper that was very influential in his day. One day he was out with a friend and was attacked by a huge grizzly. By the time the attack was over it had scalped him and taken off one of his ears. He retrieved them and made someone stitch them back on but was always self conscious about how he looked. He grew his hair out very long to cover the damage done by the bear. He was killed when he was 33 by Comanche Indians who didn't realize who he was.
I had to use this picture of the Bar J's. I had so much fun taking pics of the kids that I used up all of my batteries and thought I had thrown in some spares but couldn't find them. So is my luck!!!
Ryan, Gavin, Mackenzie, Gage and Jaydee in front of the Chuckwagon. The Bar J's can feed up to 700 people a night in less than 25 minutes. After a yummy dinner they entertain you with good old cowboy songs and a little comedy thrown in on the side!
No comments:
Post a Comment