Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Letter to my Friend...

Jennifer Marie PembertonMay 2, 1977 - April 1, 2008
Broden Nathan Pemberton
March 31, 2008-April 1, 2008


I've been dreading this day and tomorrow for a while now. I've been pondering on how to express my love and my deep loss of my dearest friend, Jenni. I decided to write a letter...

Jenni:

It's been a year now since we said good-bye. As I held your hand and told you how much I loved you and let you know you were the best friend I've ever had, my heart was breaking. As this year has passed I often reflect on the friendship we shared. The walks we took on the Draper trail to "get in shape", that often just turned into our time to vent about everything especially our husbands!!!! The many nights at the basement apartment eating popcorn, drinking blackcherry kool-aid, and laughing until it hurt. Especially when you wondered when March Madness began! Usually the night would end with you asleep on the futon, me asleep on the floor and our husbands playing playstation until all hours of the morning. The games we played. How we discovered that "Rate Your Mate" isn't the best game for everyone!!! How even though you liked the easy games like "Fill or Bust", that you could give Scott a run for his money at "Settlers" without even realizing it. I think of the many sewing projects I thought I could do that always turned into me unpicking every seam with you laughing in the background and then having to finish it for me. You never made me feel bad about not being able to accomplish that talent. I was so envious of the creations you were able to make, the pretty princess dresses for your girls, the pajama pants for Christmas, the baby towels, the list could go on and on! I loved when Christmas would come and you always had a decoration for me that you had made! I cherish those gifts and am so grateful you shared them with me. It was so hard moving away and not having you just around the corner. The time between our conversations grew but I never doubted the friendship we shared. We often joked we needed low-maintenance friends like each other for our sanity! I just wish that you weren't so low-maintenance, so I would have known then what I know now - I miss you! I miss not being able to pick up the phone and call you or being able to send you a funny email. I miss sitting on the couch laughing and saying we need to go and an hour later still being there. I miss your advice, your venting, your laughing, your cooking. But most of all I miss your smile. Your big smile that would always turn up sometime no matter how upset you were about something. I miss you more than I ever knew was possible. I loved raising our children together. For the example you were to me as a mother. For the friendship they were building. I hope and pray that their friendship will continue to grow as they become older and that they will cherish it as I cherish ours. Jenni, I love you! I look forward to the day we meet again, when I can see your smile and hear your laughter...Your Friend Forever Tiff

3 comments:

Shane and Beth said...

Tiffany, I can only imagine what you are going through right now. Jenni sounds like she was an absolutely amazing woman and and even better friend and mother! She was so lucky to have you in her life, you are absolutely amazing yourself. Hang in there:) Love, Beth

Wendy Evans said...

Thank you for sharing that Tiffany. I only knew Jenni for a short time and I felt like she would light any room with her smile and very contagious laugh. She was so easy to talk to and I loved the chance I had to get to know her. I only regret not knowing her more! You are an amazing person and I am sure she cherrished your friendship as much as you do. Hang in there! I was thinking maybe would should all try to get together around "May 17th"... to celebrate her life again! Take care :)

jonisill said...

You are such a great friend!! I am sure she is happy where she is, and I know she'll always be watching over you.