Thursday, March 26, 2009

It's About Time!!!!!

O.k. so right after Christmas my world fell apart....a virus attacked my computer and put it out of commission. For someone who my only out to the outside world most days is via my computer it was a tragedy! Thank goodness for a very kind and gracious brother-in-law who spent much time and energy on fixing it. Rob, you are a total lifesaver! Since it is a nasty, snowy, day and I actually cleaned the house yesterday, I'm taking some time today to reminisce what has happened with us the last 3 months! I'll keep it brief so you don't fall asleep (maybe)!!!
January:
We were looking forward to putting 2008 behind us. Not the best year for us in many aspects and were hoping to start off 2009 with a positive attitude! Hoping that it would carry over into more aspects of our lives! The month started off with Jaydee having pneumonia. I have never seen a child look so sick. We took her to the pediatrician. She had to get 2 shots that have been known to make grown men cry. My tough little nut just laid there and took it. I made the mistake of telling her that if she was brave I would get her a petshop. You could just see it in her eyes that she really was doing her best to be "brave". I felt like a total jerk mom. She got 2 petshops after that visit. We had to go back the next day to see if she needed to be admitted to the hospital. Thank goodness her lungs were sounding better and we were able to take her home. After many breathing treatments and an oral antibiotic she was able to get over it. Then 3 days later Nate had a high fever that hit so fast we didn't even see it coming. Sure enough he had the same thing as Jaydee and had to go through the same thing she did. It's sad to see your kids so sick. A week and a half later Nate got RSV thanks to Scott bringing that home! Yes, adults can get RSV. After chest x-rays and much blood work it was determined that Nate did in deed have it but didn't need to be hospitalized. Thank goodness! Dr. DePalma said that it was probably due to the fact that we were already giving him the breathing treatments due to the pneumonia. Positive Thinking, Positive Thinking...nobody ended up in the hospital!!
February:
I was determined that this month was going to be better!! The 5th was Scott's birthday. Since you can't top the Price is Right. We didn't even try this year! We had friends over for the Superbowl and had cake. That counts right?! On the 6th, my little sister had her baby. Xander Price Kump joined our family at 1:11 p.m.! I headed down there to see them, got up the next morning to head to Logan for my cousin's wedding, then came home on Sunday to teach my YW Lesson and to think I sometimes think I'm bored! Jaydee's birthday was on the 24th but she couldn't decide whether she wanted her party to be in Utah or Wyoming. She has close friends in both places and since I don't like doing parties I did two plus a Valentines party for her kindergarten class-I think I've lost my mind somewhere and have no idea where I've put it!!! Rob and Marci were gracious enough to let us use their home on Valentines day. We of course did petshops! The kids adopted a pet, rescued the lost pets, went bannanas, cleaned the litter box, and ate puppy chow! The earned Petshop bucks for each and went shopping at the Pet Store to buy needed items for their new pets! That weekend we noticed that Nate's finger looked like it had an infected hang nail. Not thinking much about the week progressed and it just got worse. I called Dr. DePalma and set up an appointment for Friday. I had no idea the seriousness of it. He had to get another series of shots and was lucky that he didn't loose the tip of his finger...What?!!! On the 24th we had Jaydee's second party and luckily my kids are very easily entertained and we just repeated the same party! The 26th was my mom's birthday and of course we had what else - a party!!!! My little sister and her kids came up. I called each of my siblings and found out one thing that was their favorite childhood birthday memory that mom had done for them. It was so fun going down memory lane and reliving birthdays from the past! Positive Thinking, Positive Thinking....We met our deductible for the year! Anyone need their tonsils out!
March:
March has been full of Dentist Appointments, More trips with Nate to Dr. Depalma for ear infections, St. Patrick's Day (no we didn't catch the Leprechaun but he left some fun things behind!) Young Women Activities, Relief Society Enrichment night involving Pink Penguin Poop (A whole different post!), Bunco (my sanity night), and planning what...yes another party! Gage is turning 4 and we're going to outer space. More details to come! Poor Ryan and Gage have been pretty much negelected to the point that Gage has taken up the habit of sleeping at my parents house. A couple in our ward thought that my parents had adopted him from somewhere and that I was just a good daughter that watched him on occasion. Poor kid! O.k. so now if you are still awake I'll end until next time!!!

2 comments:

Melea said...

O' My Heck Tiff....I had no idea you had had such a hard few months. I hope you know that you have people all around you that would help you at any moment. Don't ever be afraid to ask. I also have to tell you that you are such a creative and wonderful Mommy and daughter. Seriously, you are fabulous. And I heart Dr. DePalma...I mean I just love her. She's great. Well, I hope you are all happy and on the mend now. Please send me a message on Facebook and I'll send you my cell phone number so you can call if you ever need help, or just a friend to talk to...Not to mention that we have several computers that you can use to update your blog, or check your facebook, or whatever :)

Wendy Evans said...

What a CRAZY 3 months for you. Are you sure you have survived? Of course you have because what I know of you is that you are amazing and keep going like the energizer bunny! I love all of your fun, fun parties. I am going to have to rack you brains for some fun ideas or just steal your ones you have posted...hehe! You are so creative! Take care and I hope you have a better 3 months...year...etc...