Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Outside My Window!

The kitchen has a huge window that is just a solid piece of glass with no screen. I love to look out it at the Uinta Mountains and lately there have been many things to entertain me and make me smile! Friday it was finally warm enough for the kids to go outside and play! Nate and Gage were having a great time picking Grandma's grass and feeding it to the horses! I love that they love the animals and don't fear them. A big highlight of their day is to get on the four wheeler and feed the horses with Papa!
The next day I was doing the dishes. I looked out just in time to see Ryan and Gage on the wood pile with the sled Ryan had bought earlier that day at a yard sale for a $1.00. He apparently was too excited to wait for snow to use it! It actually flew down the wood pile with ease and kept the boys entertained forever!
I then look over towards the round corral to see Jaydee riding Char all by herself. A new achievement in her life! Nate had to be right there and a part of the the action. I love that my parents and Scott take the time to teach my children a love for the horses!
The next thing I knew Scott had joined Jaydee in the corral with Gus! Nate got on with Scott but decided that once around the corral with plenty for him!
When Jaydee was done riding, Ryan got on and he and Scott took a ride down the lane!
I know I often complain about living in Wyoming because of the wind and the snow but honestly I wouldn't live anywhere else.
I love that the kids can go to Grandpa and say "We want to ride the horses" and 20 minutes later they are on the horses. They can sucker Grandma or Aunt Haley anytime into taking them on four wheeler rides and the best part is they can just go right outside the driveway! I love that in 30 minutes we are in God's country-The Uinta Mountains! We can go up for the afternoon or go camping for the weekend with out any planning!
I love to look outside my window and see my kids enjoying the simple things in life!
THIS IS THE LIFE!!

2 comments:

Shane and Beth said...

I love it too!!! I am thankful that my children get to grow up in such an adventurous place, not very many children get that opportunity!

Bruce Almighty said...

Your funny Tiff. The impression I got in high school was you couldn't wait to get out. I think alot of people were like that. Now we all want back in. I wish I still lived "home".