Monday, May 17, 2010

Fort Bridger!

I love being a Cub Scout mom! In order for Ryan to earn his Wolf, one of the requirements is to visit a historical place or building in the community. What could be more historical than
Fort Bridger! Saturday afternoon we picked up Ryan's friend Kaden and headed to the fort. We had a great time. It is funny how you just take things in your own backyard for granted! I love that we are all being a part of Ryan's scouting experience. I hope this will help Gage and Nate get excited for when they become scouts! Jaydee is the ultimate trooper and really pushes Ryan along! Here they are standing in front of an old bear trap.
Checking out the wash room. We all agreed we are grateful for our washer and dryer!

Jaydee is our historical fact reader. She had to stop at every info plaque and find out about each building. I love it....she just soaks everything up! This is also the spot that Ryan and Kaden were convinced that a ghost started following us around the fort. That was fun..... There is a replica of the old fort established by Jim Bridger. The kids got to see a demonstration from the blacksmith.
After exploring all the buildings we ended in the museum and checked out the displays. I hadn't been in there for years. They totally remodeled it and had alot of neat stuff to see.
The Old Fort
The fort after the Army settled in.
There was an area for the kids to do activities
and ride this horse! Gage loved it, Nate wasn't so sure!
We had a great time and would love to have anyone up that would like to check it out!

No comments: