Sunday, January 31, 2010

Fish Lake 2009

Every year Scott's family goes to Fish Lake. This is the first time in 4 years that we were able to make it. It was so fun to introduce the kids to this tradition!Next year we definitely need to have a fishing pole for Nate. He kept trying to steal Ryan's.
I have no idea where this girl came from. The two things I hate about fishing are putting the worm on the hook and taking the fish off. Scott is in charge of these two things and apparently Jaydee was too impatient to wait for him to put the worm on her hook. We looked over and found her pulling a worm apart and putting it on her hook as if it was no big deal. I didn't know whether to be proud or totally disgusted!
Right before we went we bought Gage a new pole. He picked out a spider man pole that lights up when you cast out. He has decided it is his "magic" pole. We went fishing on Saturday and he caught 20 fish. Of course that is the day Scott went fishing the river with his brother. Thank goodness Aunt Marilyn and Aunt Miriam were there to save the day and do the two things I previously talked about. With almost every cast Gage was bringing in a perch that needed to be taken off and thrown back in. He was on fire!!
Uncle Guy was a camp host this year. He has a boat and invited Scott and I to go trolling. What a rush. This is the beauty I was able to catch. Not going to win a record with it but it definitely is the biggest fish I've ever caught! (Notice the washcloth - Guy was kind enough to get that so I could pick it up!)
We each had the chance to catch a fish! It was so much fun and I must add just to rub it in - MINE was BIGGER!!









No comments: