Sunday, August 2, 2009

Ryan's Birthday!

Ryan officially turned "8" on the 21st! We had his birthday party earlier but we waited until the big day to give him his gifts! This year from Scott and I, he received his first official set of scriptures! He was super excited to see that they were engraven with his name:
Ryan S. Neilson
Jaydee and Gage wanted to make sure they had something for Ryan!
They picked out Puzzle books and treats! Gage made sure to pick out bubble gum for the birthday boy. I think he ended with more of the gum than Ryan! Funny how he has that figured out. He did the same thing with Papa for Father's Day. He's no dummy!
That evening Papa and Grandma took us over to Evanston. Ryan got new cowboy boots from them. We have a tradition in our family called the "Haley Rule". It stared years ago when Haley and I were young. Whenever it was my birthday, my parents would have to get Haley something to keep the peace. It's a rule my dad likes to use frequently on birthdays! This year was no exception. Jaydee was in great need of boots so they picked her up a pair as well. We all went to dinner at KFC and then headed golfing!
This has become a favorite past time around our house.

Thanks Papa and Grandma for making Ryan's birthday such a special one!

1 comment:

nick and julie said...

Jealous, jealous, jealous. Looks like so much fun. I don't even know if I want to show this one to my kids :). CONGRATULATIONS RYAN!!! What a wonderful and special day! One that he sure won't ever forget.