Wednesday, September 15, 2010

We're going on a Bear Hunt! I'm not Scared!

Ryan and Nate's birthdays are only 3 days apart, so this year we decided to celebrate with one BIG party! All the cousins were up, we threw Kaden and Madison into the mixand had
a great time!
We were going on a Bear Hunt!Any good hunter knows that preparation is the key. Everyone got their very own custom made backpack, (Thanks Kelly for your sewing skills!) a whistle, and trail mix. Next we went fishing for our bear bait. Everyone had a limit of 10 fish. It was tricky but everyone manage to get all 10!

Nate slept through the first part of the party. I was worried that he was going to miss his own party. He is a bear if you wake him up from his nap. But luckily he woke up just in time to go fishing!
After getting bait, it was time to practice! We broke out the BB Gun's and let the kids target shoot!
Scott and Big Nate were the "instructors". I don't know who had more fun with the BB guns.....the kids or the "adults"!

The kids had to go on a "practice" bear hunt with Jenny to make sure they were prepared! "We're going on a bear hunt".......
"We're going on a bear hunt, I'm not scared, What a beautiful day"!Finally they were ready and off they went to get their bears! (I hid stuffed bears all over the yard and they were on the hunt to find them!)
SUCCESS!

Everyone was successful in there hunt and no harm came to anyone, kids or bears! It was a fun party! Thanks everyone for coming and for all of your help!!

No comments: