While Joan and Wally were here we took them out to Fort Supply in Robertson.
The Mormon settlers built it in 1853. When they burned it in 1857 it had "one hundred or more good hewed log houses, one sawmill, one grist mill and one thrashing machine...a stockade and straw and grain stacks." (Bridger Valley by K. Hamblin) All that remains for a few corner posts and this monument that was put up. A little known part of Wyoming's history!
On our way home we couldn't help but notice how full and pretty the moon was! The picture doesn't do it justice!

Further up the road we noticed these 2 bucks. They almost looked as if they were twins! So pretty! Between the fort, the moon and the deer I had a great reminder of why I love to live where we do! I love the wide open spaces, the clean, fresh air, and the amazing history of those pioneers that came before me!
No comments:
Post a Comment