Sunday, December 28, 2008

December 2008

Getting ready to send our letters to Santa! Fish pond at the Steedman Party!
Nate's debut as Baby Jesus-He wasn't impressed!
Nate with Santa!
Waiting for the "Wyoming" Santa
Ryan with Santa!


Jaydee with Santa!
Gage with Santa-this is the "real" Santa!

O.k. so I am so far behind this month I don't even know where to begin! Thanks to a lovely virus my computer got from Facebook, it has totally cramped my style :( I'm having to use Scott's laptop for the time being and can only do that when he isn't out on the road, which during the winter months is very minimal. Anyway, we had a great time decorating our gigantic tree but I'll be grateful when we can have our living room back! Every Christmas the kids write their letters to Santa and then burn them. According to the Neilson tradition the ashes make their way to the North Pole and then Santa knows what you want for Christmas. We had to sucker Grandpa Harris this year into starting the fire! Apparently they made it, everyone got what they asked for so the tradition will continue next year! On the 12th we headed to Utah for the annual Steedman Christmas party. By far my favorite party of the season. They have a fish pond, Bingo, the Nativity, & Santa always visits. It was Nate's chance to be baby Jesus but as you can tell from the pic he wasn't impressed! Gage didn't want to go up to see Santa but being the mean mom that I am I told him he wouldn't get his gift if he didn't go up there. I of course was just concerned about getting the picture not about scarring my child for life!!! On Saturday we heard a bunch of sirens and looked out to see the Fire Department escorting Santa around town. The kids frantically threw on their coats and hats to run out there too late. Thank goodness they have a really cool dad that has connections with the Fire Department. They said they would circle around but that it would take awhile. I tried to convince the kids to come back in the house for awhile but they wouldn't hear of it. They were pretty much popcicles by the time Santa came back! On the 18th we loaded up an RV and headed to Arizona to visit our really good friends Nick and Julie. I'm sure we were quite the site. I'm going to do a separate post for that trip. Way too much fun for just a few sentences! We came home on Tuesday, spent Christmas Eve day with Scott's family and then headed back to the frozen tundra we know as home!

No comments: